Santorini, Greece

Santorini, Greece
There's nothing like living overseas and getting to spend Spring Break in another country.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Morbid Entry

Friday, I biked out to Granby on the eastern edge of town and biked around Vaksalakyrka - this cute little church - bummer I forgot my camera - beautiful day and the old cemetery there is like the one at Gamla Uppsala (Old Uppsala). Then I stumbled upon a modern cemetery! So that's where they bury their dead! I have asked several students about funeral home and funeral but most of them know nothing about them or have never been to a funeral. I'm pretty sure that there are no funeral homes. And I saw my first hearse in Sweden last week. I have wondered about that, too. Death is not something Swedes talk about or want to think about so only now am I really find out the answers to my questions. But then, I am an American and we have those great things called funeral homes where it's practically like a family reunion when someone dies and lots of cemeteries. I will have to go back out there to take photos.

No comments: